There’s a lot of overkill in most strategic planning. You don’t have the time or resources to waste on complex strategic planning. You need a process that fits your business.
Small business strategic planning doesn’t have to be complicated. It should quickly lead you from defining where you are going to deciding how to get there. That’s all there is to it.
You know your business. You know your goal. Getting there takes a well-built financial strategy and implementation plan. You need simple planning and management tools with the basics of how to use them.
Owning a small business can be a lonely job. You feel like you are a “jack of all trades and master of none.” You’re busy looking for more sales, delivering your service, or creating your product.
Yet, you may be one of the 69% of business owners who have been kept up at night by concerns about cash flow. You’re overwhelmed with work but it never seems to create cash flow for you.
Managing finances was never your expertise but you know it’s critical to the success of your business. You’re tired of the missed opportunities and stress caused by trying to manage your financial strategy without expert advice.
You need the insights of a high-level financial expert to help you:
- Improve cash flow
- Gain clarity on your long-term business strategy and shorter-term plans
- Focus your business on what you want from it as the owner
- Cut through the clutter of numbers to identify and measure the key measures of success
- Determine the most profitable opportunities for your business
- Optimize business cash flows for your personal cash flow needs
Every million-dollar sale you miss because of lack of cash is hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost profits. Worse, being ignorant of key financial management practices can lead to a cash crisis and bankruptcy. Lack of planning leads to a lack of focus that causes wasted cash.
Lost profits due to poor financial management are common with small businesses.
- More than half of U.S. businesses have lost $10,000 or more by foregoing a project or sales specifically due to issues created by insufficient cash flow. (Quickbooks study)
- 82% of small businesses fail because of poor cash flow management skills or poor understanding of cash flow (U.S. Bank)
Tap into my expertise to build your company’s financial strength and stability. Your stress will go down and your ability to capture more profit will go up. Most importantly, your company will be focused on achieving your definition of success.
I’ll guide you through the basic steps of setting and implementing a strategic plan. We’ll start with the big question of “What do you want from your company” and map that all the way to practical quarterly objectives and tasks to attain that purpose. Along the way, I’ll give you tools to implement this plan. You’ll receive:
Key performance indicator (KPI) dashboard – You’ll follow your future progress with a dashboard of the 5-15 metrics that we decide together are the most important to your success.
SWOT analysis – Know your company’s Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT). I’ll explain this time-tested analysis.
Action plan – You’ll outline three-year priorities for your company, goals for the next year, and quarterly initiatives to turn those goals into reality.
It’s a jungle out there in the business world. You’ve seen the traps and pitfalls other businesses have fallen into. Would you like a guide with decades of experience for your business journey?
Here’s a little about why I can be your guide:
- CFO of multiple companies, including two banks
- Director of Operations of a $4 billion company
- Worked for small companies where I juggled multiple roles
- Worked for big companies where I was focused on strategic planning, executive leadership, and proving information to make decisions.
When it comes to how businesses set strategy and manage their money, I’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I want to show small businesses how to avoid the ugly and achieve their goals.
I’ll explain in plain English how you can improve your business as I guide you through a step-by-step process. This process is flexible so we can work together to adapt it to your business. If you are ever uncertain or unclear, you can always email or call me.
Strategic planning is a process of knowing where you are, where you want to go, and the direction to take to get there. Do you have a clear roadmap to your path to success? This program’s components provide an easy-to-use COMPASS:
- Cash flow projection: Find the cash needed for your plan
- Objectives: Well-defined quarterly steps to achieve your plan
- Metrics to monitor that you’re on the right path toward success
- Purpose: A clear purpose for your company to provide focus
- Alignment: Every part of the plan is aligned with how you define success.
- SWOT analysis is a proven tool for assessing your company and environment.
- Strategic plan: All of this program comprises a proven planning process that I’ve done with other companies and can do for you.
- Clarify your business’s purpose, vision, mission, and three-year priorities.
- Identify your company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT analysis)
- I’ll give you a cash flow projection template to map out your financial plan.
- Identify 5-15 key metrics to your company’s success.
- Create an action plan with tasks
- Key metrics dashboard
Copy of How to use this course
Welcome to ACE
Module 1 Workbook
My Hopes Worksheet
Personal Aspirations and Company Purpose
Vision Statement Formation
Mission Statement Formation
Three Year Strategic Priorities
SWOT Analysis Worksheet
One Year Goals
One Year Goals Worksheet
Cash Flow Projection
Key Performance Indicators (KPI) Dashboard
Objectives and Tasks
Help Me Improve This Course