There’s a lot of overkill in most strategic planning. You don’t have the time or resources to waste on complex strategic planning. You need a process that fits your business.
Small business strategic planning doesn’t have to be complicated. It should quickly lead you from defining where you are going to deciding how to get there. That’s all there is to it.
You know your business. You know your goal. Getting there takes a well-built financial strategy and implementation plan. You need simple planning and management tools with the basics of how to use them.
Owning a small business can be a lonely job. You feel like you are a “jack of all trades and master of none.” You’re busy looking for more sales, delivering your service, or creating your product.
Yet, you may be one of the 69% of business owners who have been kept up at night by concerns about cash flow. You’re overwhelmed with work but it never seems to create cash flow for you.
Managing finances was never your expertise but you know it’s critical to the success of your business. You’re tired of the missed opportunities and stress caused by trying to manage your financial strategy without expert advice.
You need the insights of a high-level financial expert to help you:
- Improve cash flow
- Gain clarity on your long-term business strategy and shorter-term plans
- Focus your business on what you want from it as the owner
- Cut through the clutter of numbers to identify and measure the key measures of success
- Determine the most profitable opportunities for your business
- Optimize business cash flows for your personal cash flow needs
What if you want targeted, customized, one-on-one advice for your business? My ACE program is a completely new way to get CFO insights for your business.
Every million-dollar sale you miss because of lack of cash is hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost profits. Worse, being ignorant of key financial management practices can lead to a cash crisis and bankruptcy. Lack of planning leads to a lack of focus that causes wasted cash.
Lost profits due to poor financial management are common with small businesses.
- More than half of U.S. businesses have lost $10,000 or more by foregoing a project or sales specifically due to issues created by insufficient cash flow. (Quickbooks study)
- 82% of small businesses fail because of poor cash flow management skills or poor understanding of cash flow (U.S. Bank)
Tap into my expertise to build your company’s financial strength and stability. Your stress will go down and your ability to capture more profit will go up. Most importantly, your company will be focused on achieving your definition of success.
I’ll guide you through the basic steps of setting and implementing a strategic plan. We’ll start with the big question of “What do you want from your company” and map that all the way to practical quarterly objectives and tasks to attain that purpose. Along the way, I’ll give you tools to implement this plan. You’ll receive:
Financial statement analysis – You receive a CFO-level analysis of your company’s financial statements. More importantly, I explain in plain English what I see and what you should monitor.
Custom cash flow projection – I create a cash flow projection template for you that’s customized to your company’s financial statements.
Key performance indicator (KPI) dashboard – You’ll follow your future progress with a dashboard of the 5-15 metrics that we decide together are the most important to your success.
SWOT analysis – Know your company’s Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT). I’ll guide you through this time-tested analysis.
Action plan – You’ll outline three-year priorities for your company, goals for the next year, and quarterly initiatives to turn those goals into reality. I build that out in Trello to track your progress.
It’s a jungle out there in the business world. You’ve seen the traps and pitfalls other businesses have fallen into. Would you like a guide with decades of experience for your business journey?
Here’s a little about why I can be your guide:
- CFO of multiple companies, including two banks
- Director of Operations of a $4 billion company
- Worked for small companies where I juggled multiple roles
- Worked for big companies where I was focused on strategic planning, executive leadership, and proving information to make decisions.
When it comes to how businesses set strategy and manage their money, I’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I want to show small businesses how to avoid the ugly and achieve their goals.
I’ll explain in plain English how you can improve your business as I guide you through a step-by-step process. This process is flexible so we can work together to adapt it to your business. If you are ever uncertain or unclear, you can always email or call me.
Strategic planning is a process of knowing where you are, where you want to go, and the direction to take to get there. Do you have a clear roadmap to your path to success? This program’s components provide an easy-to-use COMPASS:
- Cash flow projection: Find the cash needed for your plan
- Objectives: Well-defined quarterly steps to achieve your plan
- Metrics to monitor that you’re on the right path toward success
- Purpose: A clear purpose for your * company to provide focus
- Alignment: Every part of the plan is aligned with how you define success.
- SWOT analysis is a proven tool for assessing your company and environment.
- Strategic plan: All of this program comprises a proven planning process that I’ve done with other companies and can do for you.
- Clarify your business’s purpose, vision, mission, and three-year priorities
- During our coaching call, I’ll provide observations of your financial statements from the perspective of an experienced CFO.
- Identify your company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT analysis)
- I’ll give you a customized cash flow projection template that we’ll work on together to map out your plan.
- Identify 5-15 key metrics to your company’s success.
- Create an action plan with tasks
- We’ll work together on a communication process to align all your employees’ efforts to support your plan
- Key metrics dashboard
- Timeline graph for executing your quarterly objectives.
- Task tracking system to monitor the achievement of your objectives and plans.
Welcome and OverviewFREE PREVIEW
How to use this course
Module 1 Workbook
Activity: My Hopes Worksheet
Activity: Personal Aspirations and Company Purpose Worksheet
Activity: Vision Formation Worksheet
Activity: Mission Formation Worksheet
Activity: Three Year Strategic Priorities Worksheet
Activity: Income Statement and Balance Sheet
Activity: A Few Questions Before Our First Call
SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) Analysis
Activity: SWOT Worksheet
One Year Goals
Activity: One Year Goals Worksheet
Key Performance Metric Dashboard
Activity: Key Performance Metric Dashboard Entry
Managing Cash Flow Course
Cash Flow Projection Course
Quarterly Objectives and Tasks
Quarterly Objectives and Tasks Worksheets
Trello 101 Video
Help Me Improve This Course
My mission is to provide CFO-level insights at prices that fit the budgets of small businesses. The above planning would cost you $3,000 if I flew to your business to conduct a day-long strategic planning session and cash flow analysis.
You can receive the ACE program for $495. That’s less than a quarter of the cost of me coming on-site. You save thousands and work at the times and places that are convenient for you.
Reduce your stress and capture more opportunities by improving your business’s cash flow. Better cash flow means more growth and more profit.
This course will help you:
- Get your hands around your current and projected cash flows
- Increase cash flow
- Avoid painful mistakes business owners make with debt and equity
- Reduce stressful periods of low cash
- Identify the major sources of debt and equity finances that could provide precious capital to your business.
- Avoid common cash management mistakes
- Get the cash you need for growth
Already enrolled in Improve Your Cash Flow? Contact me for a coupon code to get ACE discounted for what you paid for Managing Cash Flow.
P.S. My mission is to help small businesses succeed. With ACE, you'll build a plan to achieve your definition of success. As always, God bless and I wish you well.